ABout this treatment
Dermaplaning is a non-invasive procedure that removes the outermost layers of dead skin cells on the face. This treatment involves exfoliation of the skin using a very small blade. Dermaplaning can be an alternative to chemical peels or microdermabrasion, which is ideal for patients with extremely sensitive skin, unwanted facial hair, or rosacea.This treatment results in an immediate freshened and vitalized glow even after one treatment. However clients best and long lasting results are seen from multiple treatments spaced three to four weeks apart.
Wondering whether you should try dermaplaning or microdermabrasion? Microdermabrasion sands and suctions dead skin cells, which also helps to uproot clogged pores around the nose, mouth and chin. Dermaplaning safely scrapes off the top layer of skin, so it is better suited for drier skin types and anyone who wants to get rid of peach fuzz.
- Smoother, more even complexion
- Removal of fine facial hair (vellus hair), commonly referred to as “peach fuzz”
- Enhanced penetration of skin care products following treatment
- Enzymes and Chemical Peels with have a deeper product penetration
- Reduction in the appearance of acne scars